Airport Security Coordinator (ASC) Online Certification the was created through a partnership with AAAE and Leading Edge Strategies.
Enroll in the ASC Online Certification by clicking here to register and pay for the ASC Online Certification »
The American Association of Airport Executives is pleased to announce the launching of the very first Airport Security Coordinator (ASC) Online Certification, making it easier for airport security workers to meet federal requirements while saving airports time and money. This is an on-demand course, so just pay and get started!
Title 49 CFR Part 1542 requires that an Airport Security Coordinator and a designated alternate attend ASC training (TSR 1542.3). By taking the Airport Security Coordinator Online Certification, an ASC will learn the latest information available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), in addition to tools that can make an airport function safely and efficiently. Join us for a unique opportunity to get trained as an ASC in as little as 2.5 hours! Utilizing an all-new virtual instructor, the training is fully online and on demand, so an ASC can start whenever and wherever they want without having to travel or wait for a scheduled session. Airports save money by cutting travel costs and being more efficient with quicker employee training.
The training covers the latest information from the Transportation Security Administration, including rules and regulations, the Airport Security Program, access control and credentialing and other relevant security information. The program features interactive exercises, videos, quizzes and more.
“Taking our ASC certification program online is part of our ongoing efforts to help airports meet their unique training needs through innovative, convenient, cost-effective methods,” said Patrick Raker, AAAE’s Senior Vice President for Training and Technology Services. “There’s nothing for an airport not to love about the new program, and I’m proud of the hard work our dedicated team put into it.”
This short video has more information on AAAE’s online, on demand ASC certification course.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE:
- Roles and Regulations
- Airport Security Program (ASC, ASP requirements and changes)
- Access Control and Credentialing
- Credentialing, LEO, Contingency and Incident Management requirements
- And more!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- The Airport Security Coordinator (Training Required by TSA)
- Alternate ASC’s
- Airport Operations personnel with security responsibilities
- Airport Police responsible for compliance with the Airport Security Program
- Individuals looking to become ASCs
REASONS TO ATTEND
- This school meets the requirements outlined in TSR Part 1542 – By attending the Airport Security Coordinator Training School; an ASC will learn the latest information available from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), in addition to tools that can make an airport function safely and efficiently.
- What’s new – This school provides an overview of airport security and focuses on regulations, the airport security program, law enforcement responsibilities, incident management, agency coordination and communication and an update on threat information. The course was updated in January 2016 and candidates as far as Guam have participated.
- Unparalleled Instruction – This web based program is led by Jeff Price of Leading Edge Strategies. Price has more than 20 years of experience in aviation management and security. He is the former manager of Jefferson County (Colorado) Airport, the former assistant security director at Denver International Airport, and a former member of the Colorado Aeronautics Board.
- Avoid unnecessary travel expenses by completing this training online.
- Don’t worry about traveling for two days to get this required training. Enjoy this required certification training from the luxury of your office chair.
- Receive all the same material in a condensed presentation.
Registration is NOW open!
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact Scott Boeser, C.M., ACE at (703) 575-2475.
Registration Fees: (in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. Bank) The registration fee includes course content, access to the interactive online certification course, glossary of terms, the final exam and the ASC course completion certificate (contingent on passing the final exam with a 70%, or greater).
*You have 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the course and mini-exam.
**Should you fail to complete the ASC Online Course within 30 days, or fail the 10-question mini-exam within 3 attempts, you will be locked out of the ASC program and be required to pay $100 to retake the course.
This Online Certification is worth three (3) credits in the AAAE Continuing Airport Management Education Unit (CEU) program.