Hosted By Corporación Quiport (Quito International Airport)
The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) and the International Association of Airport Executives (IAAE) in partnership with Corporación Quiport (Quito International Airport) is pleased to present the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) Airport Safety and Operations Training Workshop, April 10-14, 2016, at the Swissotel in Quito, Ecuador. The workshop is targeted to airport operations officials from countries throughout Latin American and the Caribbean. A workshop certification test will be administered at the conclusion of the workshop. Officials that pass the test at the workshop will be awarded the International Aerodrome Certified Employee (IACE) designation.
With the continued growth in aviation that’s forecast for the entire LAC region, the need for top-notch training that will help maintain safety and security along with efficient operations, is growing as well. With more than 65 years of experience, AAAE/IAAE is the largest provider of training for employees at airports of all sizes throughout the United States and has developed a certificated safety and operations program based on International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards.
The workshop will focus on the requirements for Aerodrome Operations, the Standards and Recommended Practices under ICAO Annex 14 with an emphasis on key operations and safety issues in the LAC region. Within each topic listed below, recommendations for best practices will also be included (above the regulatory requirements). Classes will be taught in English and will include simultaneous translation in Spanish and Portuguese.
The course content will include:
- Introduction to Safety Management Systems
- Airport Design Concepts
- Aerodrome Key Elements
- Airfield Physical Characteristics
- Visual aids for navigation
- Restricted use areas
- Electrical power supply and monitoring
- Aerodrome operations
- Aerodrome maintenance
- Emergency Planning and Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting
- Emerging issues in Aerodrome operations (Unmanned aerial vehicles, VSTOL aircraft and spaceport operations)
- Sunday, April 10: Workshop begins with an informal evening reception at 18:30 at the Swissotel, hosted by AAAE/IAAE.
- Monday, April 11 through Wednesday, April 13: Classroom instruction. Lunch will be provided at the Swissotel.
- Monday, April 11 evening: Offsite cocktail, hosted by Corporación Quiport (Quito International Airport).
- Tuesday, April 12 and Wednesday, April 13: Quito airport airfield tours as part of the course.
- Thursday, April 14: Time to review the course material and then the certification testing will occur. The course will end at noon. Officials that pass the test at the Quito workshop will be awarded the International Aerodrome Certified Employee (IACE) designation.
Pricing and More Information
The registration fee for the workshop is $725 USD per person before March 21 and $895 USD per person after March 21. 10% discount will be given to airports with 3 or more attendees. The special hotel rate at the Swissotel is $128 plus local taxes per night (includes daily breakfast and WIFI).
All airport operations officials who work in the Latin America and Caribbean regions are invited to attend this very important certificated safety and operations workshop. AAAE, IAAE and Corporación Quiport (Quito International Airport) look forward to seeing you in April.
The complete website with registration and hotel reservations information will be available early February.
For further information, please contact Melissa Sabatine.